Please don't let SE die

Post your problems, feedback or anything else about ShellEnhancer that doesn't fit in one of the other forums.

Moderators: Marc G, Johan G

Please don't let SE die

Postby wattpuppy » Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:13 pm

I've been a longtime fan of ShellEnhancer. It's been on every computer I've worked on for the past 4-5 years. The one thing I absolutely love the auto-manage feature. I have not seen this in any other tool (free or commercial). Today I'm on Win7 64bit and some features do not work. I don't want to loose SE! Are there any plans for future updates? Any chances of making it open source and let the community help you support it?
wattpuppy

Re: Please don't let SE die

Postby Marc G » Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:02 pm

You are right, there are a number of problems when running it on a 64 bit version of Windows and especially Windows 7 with stricter security enforcements.
Unfortunately, right now I'm so busy with other projects like writing a book "Professional C++ Second Edition" that I don't have time to work on ShellEnhancer.
Once my book is finished, I might look into ShellEnhancer and Wallpaper Cycler again and see what would be the best course of action to take with them.
Marc G
NuonSoft Staff

Return to SE - General