Win 2k locks down when shutting down

Here you can report bugs you may find in ShellEnhancer.

Moderators: Marc G, Johan G

Win 2k locks down when shutting down

Postby ElvenDim » Mon Nov 29, 2004 12:03 pm

First of all, want to say BIG,BIG,BIG thanks for this outstanding prog!!! Very handy and usefull!!!

Now about some strange system behaviour: when i say "shutdown system" in explorer, system lock down. Some investigation shows, that process "explorer.exe" have "HIGH" priority and eats up whole CPU.
Was this issue appear in some other situation in the past?

Have the ability and want to help you in SE evolving. I specialize in system development, :D i.e. may back-engineer something in disassembler...
ElvenDim

Re: Win 2k locks down when shutting down

Postby Marc G » Tue Nov 30, 2004 10:48 am

ElvenDim wrote:First of all, want to say BIG,BIG,BIG thanks for this outstanding prog!!! Very handy and usefull!!!

Now about some strange system behaviour: when i say "shutdown system" in explorer, system lock down. Some investigation shows, that process "explorer.exe" have "HIGH" priority and eats up whole CPU.
Was this issue appear in some other situation in the past?
I'm glad you like it :D

Like you said yourself, this is a strange issue...

First, are you using ShellEnhancer 2.0 or 1.0?

Have you changed the priority of explorer.Exe yourself? ShellEnhancer doesn't change the priority of a process unless you ask it to do via the right click menu that appears when you right click on the title bar of a window.

Are you sure it's not another program that is interfering?
Have you tried to shutdown ShellEnhancer and see if the problem remains?
Try to shutdown ShellEnhancer and see what the priority of explorer.Exe is.

ElvenDim wrote:Have the ability and want to help you in SE evolving. I specialize in system development, :D i.e. may back-engineer something in disassembler...
For the time being ShellEnhancer remains closed-source, because it's such a complex piece of software.
Marc Gregoire,
NuonSoft
[ Microsoft MVP VC++ since 2007 ]
Marc G
NuonSoft Staff

Return to SE - Bug Reports