Editable mousegestures and aplication specific functions

Post your suggestions, wanted features,... for ShellEnhancer here.

Moderators: Marc G, Johan G

Editable mousegestures and aplication specific functions

Postby Gneisbaard » Tue Jul 13, 2004 3:08 pm

Hey, right now i use a gesture recognition plugin for firebird and i really like it. However, i really dislike it when i can't use those gestures for other apps :x
Therefore i think it would be a great addition if i could use gestures for functions like back and forward and refresh using the hotkey manager.
Editable mousegestures would really be great!
Also, it would be great to be able to use gestures without having to press a hotkey, like with many gesture recognition plugins. The hotkey takes away the advantage of using gestures, if you can press alt or ctrl you can just as well press alt f4, of backspace.
Gneisbaard

Re: Editable mousegestures and aplication specific functions

Postby Marc G » Tue Jul 13, 2004 4:58 pm

Gneisbaard wrote:Hey, right now i use a gesture recognition plugin for firebird and i really like it. However, i really dislike it when i can't use those gestures for other apps :x
Therefore i think it would be a great addition if i could use gestures for functions like back and forward and refresh using the hotkey manager.
Did you check the little tutorials?

Gneisbaard wrote:Editable mousegestures would really be great!
What do you mean with "editable"? Should the user be able to create their own gesture-figures?

Gneisbaard wrote:Also, it would be great to be able to use gestures without having to press a hotkey, like with many gesture recognition plugins. The hotkey takes away the advantage of using gestures, if you can press alt or ctrl you can just as well press alt f4, of backspace.
In the "Assign Task To Mouse Gestures" settings window, you can select "Combination activates original action". That way, the mouse gesture will work without pressing the hotkey. And when you do press the hotkey and the mouse button, the original action is executed.
Marc Gregoire,
NuonSoft
[ Microsoft MVP VC++ since 2007 ]
Marc G
NuonSoft Staff

Return to SE - Wishlist