Middle button of Mouse

Post your suggestions, wanted features,... for ShellEnhancer here.

Moderators: Marc G, Johan G

Middle button of Mouse

Postby @001 » Thu Aug 26, 2004 7:19 am

Thank you for very good software!

My wish is support of middle button. Now transparency and minimize to tray, roll up uses Hotkey and mouse operation. If I can minimize to tray by clicking minimize button by middle button of mouse. I can operate using only mouse. So if I can use middle button about maximize or close button, title bar, I can do many operation by only mouse.

Please support middle button.
@001

Postby Marc G » Thu Aug 26, 2004 8:15 am

Nice suggestion :)
I have added it to the todo list.
Marc Gregoire,
NuonSoft
[ Microsoft MVP VC++ since 2007 ]
Marc G
NuonSoft Staff

Postby Worldseye » Fri Nov 26, 2004 10:42 pm

I concur 100%, if the button usage was configurable that would make the solution perfect, as it is easier to use the right mouse button on some laptops (that don't have a middle mouse button) although modern touchpads are extensible enough to emulate middle button clicks..

Effectively I would like to see the ability to use middle or right mouse button clicks to do the following:

Caption bar:
Middle-click: rollup/rolldown window
Minimize button:
Right-click: minimize to tray
Middle-click:
Maximise button:
Right-click: Always on top
Middle-click: Keep focus
Close button:
Middle-click: Lock position

That would be ideal, but failing that I'd definitely settle for minimize to tray on right click of the minimize button and rollup/rolldown on middle-click of the caption bar :)

Thanks again

Dan
Worldseye

Postby Marc G » Sat Nov 27, 2004 10:40 am

That's getting a bit complex, but i'll add it to the todo and see what I do with it ;) Perhaps it's not for the next release but for a future one, because the todo list is getting really big ;)
Marc Gregoire,
NuonSoft
Marc G
NuonSoft Staff

Postby Worldseye » Mon Nov 29, 2004 1:04 am

Thanks Marc, really appreciate it, I completely understand regarding the to-do list, I just wanted to communicate my appreciation again, you've created and made available such great software and I can only imagine the time and energy you've already put into SE.

It's obvious from the forums that you have a lot of demand for new features and enhancements and you clearly are putting in a lot of effort to satisfy users, so it's important to keep things as simple as possible..

I just really feel that enabling the middle button is such a great usability enhancement.. a single click to perform operations would be a great time-saving enhancement and one that I know would make a difference to many users..

I'm already going to recommend your software to many friends, having middle-click would tip the balance for me to recommend it to a lot more (who aren't necessarily power users ;))..

Thanks

Dan
Worldseye

Postby Marc G » Mon Nov 29, 2004 11:32 am

Worldseye wrote:It's obvious from the forums that you have a lot of demand for new features and enhancements and you clearly are putting in a lot of effort to satisfy users, so it's important to keep things as simple as possible..
Yes, and because ShellEnhancer is starting to have so much functionality, the current settings window is really not user-friendly anymore and will be completely recoded to be much more user-friendly. But ofcourse, this requires some time to implement...

Worldseye wrote:I just really feel that enabling the middle button is such a great usability enhancement.. a single click to perform operations would be a great time-saving enhancement and one that I know would make a difference to many users..
Yes you are right. But it has to be easy enough to setup and change all those settings. Hopefully with the new settings window this won't be a problem ;)

Worldseye wrote:I'm already going to recommend your software to many friends, having middle-click would tip the balance for me to recommend it to a lot more (who aren't necessarily power users ;))..
Thank you 8)
Marc Gregoire,
NuonSoft
Marc G
NuonSoft Staff

Postby Worldseye » Tue Aug 29, 2006 1:45 pm

Hi Marc,

Could you confirm whether this has made it into v3.0 beta?.. My main wish was to have middle mouse support for the minimise button to minimise to tray.

Thanks
Worldseye

Postby Marc G » Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:16 am

No it hasn't made it yet to 3.0.
However, I will add a subset of this feature to allow using the middle mouse button to minimize to tray to version 3.0, because that should not take long.
Marc Gregoire,
NuonSoft
Marc G
NuonSoft Staff

Postby DrWorm » Mon Jan 08, 2007 7:13 am

Ooh ooh, can you include Middle-click on title bar to roll up the window? I know I could use double-click but that's what I use to maximise a window :)
DrWorm

Postby Marc G » Mon Jan 08, 2007 9:42 am

DrWorm wrote:Ooh ooh, can you include Middle-click on title bar to roll up the window? I know I could use double-click but that's what I use to maximise a window :)
I will add this to the todo list, either as a quick solution or as a full mouse-button configuration thing.
Marc Gregoire,
NuonSoft
Marc G
NuonSoft Staff

Return to SE - Wishlist