Auto-Folders?

Post your problems, feedback or anything else about Wallpaper Cycler that doesn't fit in one of the other forums.

Moderators: Marc G, Johan G

Auto-Folders?

Postby AleksCee » Sun Jul 29, 2007 7:56 am

Hi!

The Option:
automatically sync Folderlist: "When this option is enabled, Wallpaper Cycler will automatically detect changes in the folders linked to your categories and will automatically synchronize them with a 10 second delay."

Is great, but why dose it notices when I add a new Folder in a existed Folder and scan automatically this Files too?

Alex
AleksCee

Postby Marc G » Sun Jul 29, 2007 1:25 pm

That's indeed an issue currently. When you create anything in the "watched" folders, the sync method of Wallpaper Cycler will be triggered. Also, the sync feature currently does not work recursively into folders. That is on the todo for a future version.
Marc Gregoire,
NuonSoft
[ Microsoft MVP VC++ since 2007 ]
Marc G
NuonSoft Staff

Postby AleksCee » Sun Jul 29, 2007 1:43 pm

Ah, ok - than I will wait for the new feature :-)

May I ask you how you noted about a change of the files in the "watched" folders? Did you compare any files or only the size of a folder?

And I think a new option in the tiling menu like "only stretch if deface not greater than xx% and then tile".... What did you think?
AleksCee

Postby Marc G » Sun Jul 29, 2007 4:25 pm

AleksCee wrote:Ah, ok - than I will wait for the new feature :-)
Unfortunately, it will not be in the next release, but a future release.

AleksCee wrote:May I ask you how you noted about a change of the files in the "watched" folders? Did you compare any files or only the size of a folder?
I don't use any kind of polling. There is a system in Windows that you can setup so that Windows will automatically send a message to Wallpaper Cycler whenever anything changes in the "watched" folder.

AleksCee wrote:And I think a new option in the tiling menu like "only stretch if deface not greater than xx% and then tile".... What did you think?
I don't quite understand it. Can you explain this some more?
Marc Gregoire,
NuonSoft
Marc G
NuonSoft Staff

Postby AleksCee » Sun Jul 29, 2007 4:54 pm

AleksCee wrote:And I think a new option in the tiling menu like "only stretch if deface not greater than xx% and then tile".... What did you think?
I don't quite understand it. Can you explain this some more?[/quote]

I mean:
If I have a Picture like 150x100px and a Screen resolution like 1280x1024px the option stretch will stretch the Image to the Max of the Screen. The Image looks like crumbly... Before WPC I used the "WallpaperChanger" (but it was to slow with the many images I have - because it scans all files every time when updating the Wallpaper...) that has an option to say: "only stretch to screen if the deface to the image lower than ..%...." And if the resolution diff is too big it was automatically displayed as tiles or only centered, or what ever.....

I hope thats better to understand what I mean.... sorry about my english....

Alex
AleksCee

Postby Marc G » Mon Jul 30, 2007 7:28 am

Ah, ok, that seems like a good idea for a future version.
Marc Gregoire,
NuonSoft
Marc G
NuonSoft Staff

Return to WPC - General