webshots support

Post your problems, feedback or anything else about Wallpaper Cycler that doesn't fit in one of the other forums.

Moderators: Marc G, Johan G

webshots support

Postby tjbinno » Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:09 am

Since webshots is closing down Dec 2012, was evaluating wallpaper changers/screensavers. Your software has great features and control.

I've been a webshots user since mid 90s and have over 6000 personal and downloaded backgrounds. Was looking for software that would access these images without having to convert them (so far found only one that will handle em). The webshots extensions basically have a .jpg embedded but with other info. There is software available to convert em, even IRFANVIEW supports the extension, so it shouldn't be anything major.

I know there are many users desperately searching for a webshots replacement, angry with the supplied replacement software (smile.webshots.com).

There was previous webshots request in the forum from a number of years ago but no response other than you were looking into it.

Thanks
tjbinno

Re: webshots support

Postby Marc G » Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:00 am

Yes, webshots is still on the todo.
I took a quick look at the webshots website, do you have to be a member before you can download images?
I would need a couple of example images to try to load them.
Marc Gregoire,
NuonSoft
[ Microsoft MVP VC++ since 2007 ]
Marc G
NuonSoft Staff

Postby tjbinno » Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:50 pm

No you don't have to be a member. I would be happy to send you any number to test.
tjbinno

Postby Marc G » Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:22 pm

If you have a couple of example images that are currently not working with WPC, you can send them to our support email address support@nuonsoft.com .
Marc Gregoire,
NuonSoft
[ Microsoft MVP VC++ since 2007 ]
Marc G
NuonSoft Staff

Return to WPC - General