Any updates or features list for the next version?

Post your problems, feedback or anything else about Wallpaper Cycler that doesn't fit in one of the other forums.

Moderators: Marc G, Johan G

Any updates or features list for the next version?

Postby molitar » Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:39 am

Last I heard you were re-working the database but have not heard anything since than. Any news or updates on the next release? What you plan to add to it and what your goal to getting it done is? Been a while since the last release.
molitar

Re: Any updates or features list for the next version?

Postby Marc G » Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:22 pm

• The thumbnails are using a true database.
    I estimate that around 80% of the other stuff in Wallpaper Cycler is also being saved and loaded to the database. So 20% more to go.
  • Wallpaper Cycler has been made 100% Unicode.
  • On Windows 7 or later, the wallpaper on the desktop will fade when switching.
  • Completely changed how images are loaded. It should be much more robust to corrupt image files.
  • The UI has been reworked. Here is a sneak peak:
    WPC_New_001.png
    WPC_New_001.png (222.7 KiB) Viewed 5699 times

No release-date yet.
Marc Gregoire,
NuonSoft
[ Microsoft MVP VC++ since 2007 ]
Marc G
NuonSoft Staff

Postby molitar » Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:31 am

Great glad to hear it's going well.. Well I should not say thumbnails in database but optimized thumbnails as 30K thumbnails do not even display as they are all blank place holders for thumbnails and you had stated you were improving and optimizing thumbnails so large databases like mine over 30K+ wallpapers can display there thumbnails properly. I also hope the new interface will allow sequential cycling by search folders so I will not longer have to watch it skip around as it does different sub-folders in the wallpaper list.

The new UI looks pretty nice as it allows one to see easier what each icon does but I also hope the ribbon can be hidden so when scanning for a specific wallpaper or that there can be more viewing window area as ribbons are nice but also are very bulky.

Another feature that would be nice is the ability to auto switch layouts depending on how many screens are detected. I have a layout for single screen and another layout for double screens when I have my HD Tv on but currently have to manually switch themes to have the layout show properly. Especially since my screens are not side by side the same size..

Code: Select all

SCREENS
                |              |
                |  1280 x 720  |
                |______________|

As you can see I run two different resolutions diagonal of each other this way when I am using my PC as an HTTPC I am not accidently moving the mouse or window over the TV screen.
molitar

Postby Marc G » Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:44 pm

• I'm testing the new database implementation using a lot of images/thumbnails. Of course, if you have thousands and thousands of images in 1 folder, I'm not sure I will be able to make that very fast. Is that the case for you?
  • Yes, the ribbon can be minimized, see screenshot:
    WPC_002.png
    WPC_002.png (19.33 KiB) Viewed 5689 times
  • I'll think about the layout issue.
Marc Gregoire,
NuonSoft
[ Microsoft MVP VC++ since 2007 ]
Marc G
NuonSoft Staff

Postby molitar » Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:18 am

No for the images I have several sub folders. Broken up into Anime Series and categories. The most one folder has is around 6000 images. Most of the other folders is less than a thousand per folder most probably averaging around 500 images.
molitar

Return to WPC - General