HELP with setting up categories!

Post your problems, feedback or anything else about Wallpaper Cycler that doesn't fit in one of the other forums.

Moderators: Marc G, Johan G

HELP with setting up categories!

Postby molitar » Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:05 pm

Ok here is what I Have.. my folders look like this..

Code: Select all
E:\Pictures\08. Wallpapers                                              2,864 Mb
   01. Adult                                                              161 Mb
      09481                                                             8,892 kb
      09485                                                             5,109 kb
      1024768                                                           4,250 kb
      Move to Windows (1024x768)                                           72 Mb
      Wallpapers                                                           51 Mb
   02. Anime                                                            2,575 Mb
      Ecchi                                                               724 Mb
      Loli                                                                115 Mb
      MegaTokyo                                                         4,184 kb
      Series                                                               97 Mb
         2K Tan                                                         9,699 kb
         95 Tan                                                         4,949 kb
         98 Tan                                                         2,483 kb
         AYAP                                                           6,422 kb
         CB                                                                10 Mb
         Group Tan                                                         12 Mb
         KGU                                                               21 Mb
         Mahou Sensei Negima                                            5,391 kb
         MMP                                                               19 Mb
         XP Tan                                                         4,923 kb
      Skin Tight                                                          145 Mb
      Soft Beauty                                                         126 Mb
      Special Releases                                                     63 Mb
         Christmas                                                         11 Mb
         DBP                                                                9 Mb
         KPP                                                            3,207 kb
         NMP                                                            8,810 kb
         PPBonus                                                            0 b
         SE-Swimwear                                                    9,806 kb
         SE-Undies                                                      8,379 kb
         Wings-of-Beauty                                                   12 Mb
         Yuri                                                               0 b
      Suzumiya Haruhi                                                   5,089 kb
   03. Bishi Wallpapers                                                    47 Mb
      2006 vol.01                                                          47 Mb
   04. Non-Anime                                                           80 Mb

Now I wish to setup two different categories.. One titled All Anime and one titled Safe Anime.. So I wish the All anime to have all the wallpapers and the Safe Anime to not show the 01. Adult Anime folder above. Problem is when I try to create two different categories I get sub-categories but the program shows no wallpapers for that category! HOW the heck do I set this up? This is frustrating me to no end I have to have two categories so I can change category I am cycling depending if my nephews or nieces visit.
molitar

Postby Marc G » Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:50 am

One possibility would be to use tags instead of trying to do it with categories as follows.
Just import all the wallpapers. When you import them and let Wallpaper Cycler create sub-categories, add the tag "Adult" to the sub-category "01. Adult". When you import everything into 1 category, add the tag "Adult" to all adult wallpapers.
Then go to Tools > Program Settings > "Quick Disable" Hotkeys and add a quick disable hotkey for the adult tag as follows. Click on "Tag to disable" and hit the "..." button and select your "Adult" tag. Then click in the "Hotkey" textbox and type any hotkey you want to disable the "Adult" tag and hit the "Add" button.
After this you can press that hotkey and the "Adult" tag will be disabled. If the current wallpaper on your desktop has this "Adult" tag assigned to it or to the category it is in, WPC will automatically cycle the desktop.

You can also disable/enable tags by going to Tools > Tags Editor and check which tags you want to be enabled or not.
Marc Gregoire,
NuonSoft
[ Microsoft MVP VC++ since 2007 ]
Marc G
NuonSoft Staff

Postby molitar » Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:13 am

Ok thanks for the Tags how to.
molitar

Return to WPC - General