Severe problem with wallpaper cycler cycling

Post your problems, feedback or anything else about Wallpaper Cycler that doesn't fit in one of the other forums.

Moderators: Marc G, Johan G

Severe problem with wallpaper cycler cycling

Postby molitar » Sat Aug 23, 2008 6:19 am

Ok I'm really getting pissed off at the newest version and about to ask for the old release! This new version does not want to cycle sequentially by filename! It keeps jumping directories I EVEN tried creating the category with no folder structure and it still jumps into another directory than starts going that directory in sequence! How can I get it to cycle sequentially by filename??
molitar

Postby Marc G » Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:53 pm

I don't quite understand what is happening. Could you email me your .WCL file so I can take a look?
Marc Gregoire,
NuonSoft
[ Microsoft MVP VC++ since 2007 ]
Marc G
NuonSoft Staff

Postby molitar » Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:09 am

Ok I have emailed you 3 different wcl attempts. Before in the older version it didn't seem to matter what category the wallpaper was in but followed the wallpapers in the order listed (sorted) so for example...

filename folder
0001.jpg anime
0002.jpg anime/ecchi
0003.jpg anime/swimsuits
0004.jpg anime/ecchi
0005.jpg anime

I used a file renaming tool on random named files than sorted them to a degree.. but the cycler does not go in that order.. it mostly wants to go from 0001.jpg than 0005.jpg.
molitar

Postby Marc G » Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:53 pm

Are you 100% this worked in a previous version? If so, which? It seems strange that it would have worked that way in any 3.x version...
The option "Cycle sequentially" will remember the last shown wallpaper. The next wallpaper will be the sequentially next wallpaper in that category. When all wallpapers of that category have been chosen, it will decend into a sub-category and sequentially cycle those wallpapers.
Marc Gregoire,
NuonSoft
Marc G
NuonSoft Staff

Postby molitar » Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:07 pm

2 or 3 revisions ago. I'm not sure of the exact way I had the files listed but it did go sequentially by category than filename. Somehow I had it sorted by category/folder first than filename.. and when it reached the end of the category it would than proceed to the next category/folder. But this version does not want to do that instead it only seems to work in 1 category only. My old wcl file got corrupted from a power outage and since than I have not been able to get this version to work in the same method.

category first than filename.

001.jpg anime
002.jpg anime
004.jpg anime
003.jpg anime/ecchi
005.jpg anime/ecchi

in that order it would cycle. But I am not sure how I accomplished this in the older .wcl file because the file corrupted and could no longer be loaded. Learned my lesson since and I keep a copy of that file just in case now.
molitar

Postby Marc G » Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:03 pm

I tried your WCL files and it works fine. It cycles for example all wallpapers in Anime and then it will decend and cycle all wallpapers in Anime/Ecchi and so on.
Which view are you using? Thumbnail view or details view? If you are in details view, make sure you don't have any sorting enabled in that view because then it might jump since WPC will cycle the wallpapers as they are really in the list and not how they are in the sorted list.
Marc Gregoire,
NuonSoft
Marc G
NuonSoft Staff

Postby molitar » Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:33 am

Ok I been using detailed view.. I will try with thumbnail view and see the results than.
molitar

Return to WPC - General