Cycling by search folder

Post your problems, feedback or anything else about Wallpaper Cycler that doesn't fit in one of the other forums.

Moderators: Marc G, Johan G

Cycling by search folder

Postby molitar » Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:59 pm

Ok I am trying to cycle by search folder. It seemed to work up to a point. Sub-folders it will not cycle to even though they are shown in the thumbnail view.. it skips over them completely. I just can't seem to get wallpaper cycler to ignore that their is a subfolder and cycle to the next filename anyway no matter the name of the subfolder. I have wallpapers that are categorized but this seems to break cycling for WPC. How can I cycle by filename and ignore subfolders? I thought doing it by search folder would fix this problem but it did not.
molitar

Re: Cycling by search folder

Postby Marc G » Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:20 pm

What exactly do you mean with cycling by filename?

Note: I´m on holiday right now and will reply again next week when I´m back in the office.
Marc Gregoire,
NuonSoft
[ Microsoft MVP VC++ since 2007 ]
Marc G
NuonSoft Staff

Postby molitar » Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:18 pm

Ex.

-Anime
0001.jpg
0002.jpg
--Swimsuit (sub-folder)
0003.jpg
0004.jpg
-Anime
0005.jpg
0006.jpg
0007.jpg

What happens is sub-folder is completely ignored and it jumps from 0002.jpg to 0005.jpg even though the sort is done by filename and not folders. Maybe I am doing the cycling wrong to cycle by search folders.. what is the method for doing a standard cycle sequentially not randomly in a search folder?
molitar

Postby Marc G » Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:22 am

Currently there is not really an option to force WPC to cycle only through images in a search folder.
The only way is to create a layout and set the wallpaper to "Random from search folder". Unfortunately, there is currently no "sequential from search folder".

How did you configure WPC at the moment? Maybe you can send me your WCL by email?
Marc Gregoire,
NuonSoft
[ Microsoft MVP VC++ since 2007 ]
Marc G
NuonSoft Staff

Postby molitar » Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:01 pm

Marc G wrote:Currently there is not really an option to force WPC to cycle only through images in a search folder.
The only way is to create a layout and set the wallpaper to "Random from search folder". Unfortunately, there is currently no "sequential from search folder".

How did you configure WPC at the moment? Maybe you can send me your WCL by email?

Sure I will.. kind of gotten it to work by using thumbnail view on the search folder itself. As long as the search folder is the one selected it seems to be cycling in order. Emailed you the WCL by email also.
molitar

Return to WPC - General