WPC 3.6.0.180 stops cycling

Post your problems, feedback or anything else about Wallpaper Cycler that doesn't fit in one of the other forums.

Moderators: Marc G, Johan G

WPC 3.6.0.180 stops cycling

Postby sbrown0703 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:09 pm

UPgraded to the latest free edition of WPC - worked great for 3 or 4 days. This morning had an error in WPCController.exe. (never thought to copy it down)
No WPC does not cycle the wallpaper.

I looked in the forums - did Save As... to save config to a new file.
restarted WPC - no cycling
restarted computer - no cycling
re-installed application - no cycling.

I turned on the 'Play sound when cycling" every 2 minutes I hear the sound - no cycling of desktop wall paper

Tried everything....
Thoughts?
sbrown0703

Re: WPC 3.6.0.180 stops cycling

Postby sbrown0703 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:39 pm

Further to my post -

the error happened again - copy attached - error text was:
Unknonwn error with calling RenderWallpaperWithLayout in CWCL::RenderWallpaperWithLayout

I found this one - is was a BMP file which showed a size of 1.6million by something. I knew this was wrong so I deleted the offending file.

On the no cycling - It appears it is a conflict between WPC and Stardock Fences. I disabled fences and lo and behold my wallpaper cycled. When I enable fences my cycling stops.

So much for Fences.

I don't know if there is a work around or a setting in WPC which could overcome this. :?:
Attachments
wpc error.JPG
Error in WPC
wpc error.JPG (13.19 KiB) Viewed 7488 times
sbrown0703

Postby Marc G » Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:08 pm

It sounds to me that Fences is doing something special to the desktop. Wallpaper Cycler just uses the standard Windows way to change the wallpaper. If Fences bypasses this for its desktop, then there is nothing Wallpaper Cycler can do about that.
Marc Gregoire,
NuonSoft
[ Microsoft MVP VC++ since 2007 ]
Marc G
NuonSoft Staff

Postby Phaota » Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:58 am

My program has suddenly stopped cycling today. I've restored the settings, checked all the options to see if everything was like it was (which it is), and even reinstalled it, and nothing works to make it start going again. The clock ticks down, but the desktop image never changes unless I do the double-click on the WPC icon. If the program is conflicting with something, I haven't a clue as to what it would be since I haven't added any new progs lately that would be interfering with it. Is there a new version of the program available?

UPDATE: Well, do to this continued issue, I have had to switch to another wallpaper changer program after many years of enjoying WPC. I'm sad to say goodbye to WPC, but since I can not see any way of fixing the problem, I've just had to turn it off. The new changer works like a charm.
Phaota

Return to WPC - General