Cycle by category?

Post your problems, feedback or anything else about Wallpaper Cycler that doesn't fit in one of the other forums.

Moderators: Marc G, Johan G

Cycle by category?

Postby eiriN » Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:25 am

It is not clear to me how the wallpaper cycle chooses the next wallpaper or where to adjust this, but I will try to explain what I want to achieve:

I have two categories with images, I want to use the first category to be the main category. Only that main category should be displayed as wallpaper background. The second category should be used for a small image that is displayed along the main image.

Now I have made a layout with one background wallpaper that chooses images from the main category and a small image in the bottom left corner that chooses images from the second category. Now when I cycle wallpapers, sometimes it chooses images from the second category to be the background, where I only want images from the main category.

How can I configure WPC to always choose wallpapers from the main category?

Thanks!
eiriN

Re: Cycle by category?

Postby Marc G » Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:20 pm

In the main window, right click the second category name and click on "Wallpaper Categories > Disable/Enable Category". this will disable this category for picking images for your background but it should still be shown in the smaller wallpaper on your layout.
Marc Gregoire,
NuonSoft
[ Microsoft MVP VC++ since 2007 ]
Marc G
NuonSoft Staff

Postby eiriN » Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:13 pm

Thanks Marc,

That does the trick for the main wallpaper. It only shows images from the main Wallpaper category. :-)

However, although the small bottom left image part is configured to have "random from fixed category", with the secundary category selected, it now only shows images from the main category. :-(
The secundairy category is disabled, showing a little cross in its tree icon.
Attached you find my wcl.
eiriN

Postby Marc G » Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:58 pm

Mmm, you are right, this is not working as expected.
I'll have to fix this in the next version.
Marc Gregoire,
NuonSoft
[ Microsoft MVP VC++ since 2007 ]
Marc G
NuonSoft Staff

Return to WPC - General