Is it possoble to load a specific wcl on boot up

Post your problems, feedback or anything else about Wallpaper Cycler that doesn't fit in one of the other forums.

Moderators: Marc G, Johan G

Is it possoble to load a specific wcl on boot up

Postby bigpotatopat » Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:23 am

I have created two wcl lists. I'm wondering if it is possible to specify a wcl list to run when the program launches?

For Example:

I have wcl lists: a.wcl and b.wcl

Lets say the last list that was running was the "b.wcl" list when the PC was shut down. The next time the PC boots, I want "a.wcl" to be loaded when wallpaper cycler launches on the PC boot.

I tried creating a shortcut to the exec and placing it in the startup group, but that caused the program to start opening maximized on boot up.

I am trying this on the Cycler Lite version 3.6.0.180

Shortcut I tried:
"C:\Program Files\NuonSoft\WallpaperCycler3\WallpaperCycler Lite.exe" "C:\Documents and Settings\XXXXXX\My Documents\Wall Paper Cycler\a.wcl"

Thank you
Pat Kelly
bigpotatopat

Re: Is it possoble to load a specific wcl on boot up

Postby Marc G » Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:01 am

If WPC is running and you execute your shortcut, WPC will open the window.
However, when WPC is not running and you execute your shortcut, WPC should not open maximized but go straight to the system tray.
So maybe WPC is still starting up like usual when starting the PC and then you execute your shortcut causing it to display the window.
Marc Gregoire,
NuonSoft
[ Microsoft MVP VC++ since 2007 ]
Marc G
NuonSoft Staff

Postby bigpotatopat » Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:36 pm

When I was doing my testing I had disabled the option to start Wallpaper Cycler on Windows start up. Then I placed my shortcut n the windows start up group and rebooted the PC. After windows started, WC opened full screen. But I'll redo the test and post my results in a couple days.

Thank You.

Pat
bigpotatopat

Postby Marc G » Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:49 pm

When you do the test, after disable the auto start option in WPC, try a reboot first without putting your shortcut to make sure it's not starting anymore.
Marc Gregoire,
NuonSoft
Marc G
NuonSoft Staff

Postby bigpotatopat » Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:14 am

I think I figured out why WPC was opening maximized... In my shortcut that I had in my startup folder, I had the following as the 'target' for the shortcut.

"C:\Program Files\NuonSoft\WallpaperCycler3\WallpaperCycler Lite.exe" "C:\Documents and Settings\Mr Bluewhale\My Documents\Wall Paper Cycler\Movie.wcl"

So I think having the program's exe file and the wcl file in the shortcut was making it behave like WPC was being launched twice. I've changed my startup folder shortcut to only have:

"C:\Documents and Settings\Mr Bluewhale\My Documents\Wall Paper Cycler\Movie.wcl"

and the program opens the "movie" wallpaper list on bootup and stays minimized in the tray.

Thank You
bigpotatopat

Postby Marc G » Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:39 am

Good to hear you found a solution :)
Marc Gregoire,
NuonSoft
Marc G
NuonSoft Staff

Return to WPC - General