Wallpaper out of alignment when quitting a game

Post your problems, feedback or anything else about Wallpaper Cycler that doesn't fit in one of the other forums.

Moderators: Marc G, Johan G

Wallpaper out of alignment when quitting a game

Postby dsilvahub » Sat Dec 25, 2010 10:35 pm

Hello,

I've been using Wallpaper Cycler for a few days now and I think I've got a good understanding of it but I am having a problem. Whenever I quit a game, the wallpapers on my dual monitor setup (same wallpaper on both but different monitors) go out of alignment I've got a whole wallpaper starting on the right hand side of monitor 1 that carries onto the left hand side of monitor 2 (monitor 1 on the left, 2 on the right) and the same wall paper is cut in half before and after that.

I've tried 'Rerender wallpaper when display settings changed' and 'Cycle Wallpaper when display settings changed' under Wallpaper Cyclers options but it doesn't help.

I've got a standard setup, nvidia gpu running the latest drivers, XP home with monitor 1 at 1280 x 1024 and monitor 2 at 1680 x 1050, cycler is version 3.6 and I've set it to change wallpapers on the hour (1pm, 2pm, 3pm and so forth) only.

Another related issue is that after quitting a game and having this problem, when I try to 'cycle' to another wallpaper in Cycler it changes in the program but the windows desktop doesn't (it doesn't even refresh).

The only work around I've got (apart from doing a reboot and not playing any games!) is to do this on windows desktop, alt click > properties > desktop, then change to another wallpaper then back to the 'Nuonsoft WPC Wallpaper' and set Position to Center, that gives me the current wallpaper show in cycler and set correctly (no 'cut offs').

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Hub.
dsilvahub

Re: Wallpaper out of alignment when quitting a game

Postby molitar » Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:25 am

I have WC set to re-render current wallpaper after resolution change which fixed this problem for me. It will say re-render wallpaper when display settings change.. this will fix your issue.
molitar

Re: Wallpaper out of alignment when quitting a game

Postby Marc G » Sat Mar 05, 2011 3:41 pm

Start by making sure the re-render on display change setting is enabled and then try to change the resolution in windows manually to see if it works or not.
Marc Gregoire,
NuonSoft
[ Microsoft MVP VC++ since 2007 ]
Marc G
NuonSoft Staff

Return to WPC - General