Multi monitor and layouts

Post your problems, feedback or anything else about Wallpaper Cycler that doesn't fit in one of the other forums.

Moderators: Marc G, Johan G

Multi monitor and layouts

Postby molitar » Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:32 am

It use to be I could make windows keep my second monitor active even when the second monitor in this case was turned off (HDTV). Now problem is now in the newer ATI Catalyst the force option is no longer available WC fits both wallpapers in small size on the single monitor. Is it possible to have layout change when only 1 monitor is active or change to another layout if 2 monitors are active? This way I would not have WC trying to display two pictures on two monitors when only 1 is active.
molitar

Re: Multi monitor and layouts

Postby Marc G » Sat Mar 05, 2011 3:48 pm

It's not possible automatically.
But you could do the following.
  • Give a certain tag to your dual-monitor layouts, for example "DualMonitor".
  • Go to Tools > Options > "Quick Disable" Hotkeys and configure a hotkey to that displays a menu with all tags.
Now, when you switch off your secondary monitor, you can hit the above configured hotkey and quickly disable the "DualMonitor" tag, Hit the hotkey again when you connect your secondary monitor again to enable the tag again.
Marc Gregoire,
NuonSoft
[ Microsoft MVP VC++ since 2007 ]
Marc G
NuonSoft Staff

Postby molitar » Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:46 pm

Ok thanks I will do that than.
molitar

Postby molitar » Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:31 pm

Ok I assigned DualMonitor to my dual monitor layout.. I also have a single monitor layout called SingleMonitor

I went into disable tags and assigned a hotkey to disable dualmonitor and the image is still showing up on second monitor. Not only that it than loses it's cycling location since I am using sequential and starts over from the beginning. What am I doing wrong? what am I missing?

Think I might have figured it out.. my option setting was not set to automatic layout. The dual monitor tag does not seem to do anything but having two layouts single and dual with auto appears it is working.. have to wait a few more cyclings to be sure.
molitar

Postby Marc G » Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:57 pm

Good to hear :)
Marc Gregoire,
NuonSoft
[ Microsoft MVP VC++ since 2007 ]
Marc G
NuonSoft Staff

Return to WPC - General