Run App = Auto Close App.. or something like that..

Here you can report bugs you may find in Wallpaper Cycler.

Moderators: Marc G, Johan G

Run App = Auto Close App.. or something like that..

Postby Angelical_1 » Fri Jun 01, 2007 11:09 pm

Hi there Marc,

I'm not quite sure if you'll be able to help, but I'll explain the situation as it's only occurring (to my knowledge) with Wallpaper Cycler. And yes, it's new and nope I've not installed or removed anything. The situation is.. I run the app.. it displays the icon near the clock.. I can right click and see the menu.. I can select everything EXCEPT "show window".. as if I do so.. it does nothing then, if I move my cursor over the icon it disappears.. Alternately.. if I run the program so the icon shows near the clock.. and the go to START> Program Files and select the app it makes the icon disappear.

I have no idea why.. I've uninstalled, and reinstalled.

Do you have a debug version I can use to see what it's doing.. it's acting as if Load = Close

Kind regards Darren

Any advice or suggest would be very much welcomed as I can't use the app (obviously a reinstall of windows might resolve it but it's a bit extreme for a system that is overwise running well)
Angelical_1

Postby Marc G » Sat Jun 02, 2007 8:21 am

Are you running Windows Vista?
There are some compatibility issues with Vista. See http://www.nuonsoft.com/wallpapercycler/vista_patch.php
The next version will be fully supported on Vista.
Marc Gregoire,
NuonSoft
[ Microsoft MVP VC++ since 2007 ]
Marc G
NuonSoft Staff

Postby Angelical_1 » Sat Jun 02, 2007 11:17 pm

Nope, I'm running WinXP Pro (all updates, latest virus defs etc).

It seems there might well be something wrong with my system, in as much that it won't go back to ANY restore point. The strange thing being that it only (as far as I've noticed) seems to be Wallpaper Cycler that refuses to open the main app. I have absolutely no idea why and annoyingly, I'd rather not reinstall the OS for what appears to be just one app (for the moment) that refuses to function. I am actually looking forward to the new build in hope that it might (I don't know why) work (though I'd doubtful the changes will be significantly different).

Do you have a debug version which I could run which will create a log of it's actions? It's a long short in my hope to get the program to run and ultimately figure out why it's happen. A long shot I know :-(

Kind regards Darren
Angelical_1

Postby Marc G » Sun Jun 03, 2007 10:23 am

I'm afraid the debug version won't be of much use in this case, since Wallpaper Cycler seems to vanish completely instead of a usual crash.
However, please check the DEP issue on http://www.nuonsoft.com/wallpapercycler ... issues.php
Try to disable DEP:
With recent Windows XP updates and on certain systems you need to disable DEP for WallpaperCycler. Go to Control Panel, then System control panel, click on Advanced tab and then on Settings under Performance. Then click on Data Execution Prevention and add WallpaperCycler to the list of exceptions.
Marc Gregoire,
NuonSoft
Marc G
NuonSoft Staff

Postby Angelical_1 » Fri Jun 08, 2007 1:10 am

Sorry for the delay in replying. I've reinstalled, selected DEP to ignore wallpapecycler.exe and it now loads, YAY. Hmm, I'm destined for bad luck it seems.. I've no layouts.. I assume I've lost them?

Kind Regards Darren

P.S. - Is it possible the DEP issue can be resolved in a (next) later build?

Marc G wrote:I'm afraid the debug version won't be of much use in this case, since Wallpaper Cycler seems to vanish completely instead of a usual crash.
However, please check the DEP issue on http://www.nuonsoft.com/wallpapercycler ... issues.php
Try to disable DEP:
With recent Windows XP updates and on certain systems you need to disable DEP for WallpaperCycler. Go to Control Panel, then System control panel, click on Advanced tab and then on Settings under Performance. Then click on Data Execution Prevention and add WallpaperCycler to the list of exceptions.
Angelical_1

Postby Marc G » Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:14 am

Layouts are stored in the .WCL file.

The DEP issue is already solved in an internal build and will be fixed in the next upcoming release.
Marc Gregoire,
NuonSoft
Marc G
NuonSoft Staff

Return to WPC - Bug Reports