problem w/ activation of subcategories of conditional categ.

Here you can report bugs you may find in Wallpaper Cycler.

Moderators: Marc G, Johan G

problem w/ activation of subcategories of conditional categ.

Postby rico » Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:38 pm

yo

something is either buggy or I have not understood a basic principle of wallpaper cycler.

The switching of the main category works which is based on the time of the day. However the subcategories (actually added folders from My Files which contain the wallpapers) remain disabled. It says that I have manually disabled them, but I have never manually disabled anything. (main categories are dawn (6-8 ), daytime (8-5), dusk (5-7), evening (7-10), night (10-6))

Before the parent category becomes active, it says (correctly) that "This category is disabled because you have set a timelimit on a parent category called "[name]". Once the respective time of day has come, the parent category switches to active but the subcategories (actually I have not created subcategories but added folders but it seems to handle them as such) remain disabled and as I said, it states that I disabled them manually which is not true. I have not set any conditions on these subcategories/folders.

I'm a bit stuck now. I will try to kick all wallpapers into the parent category but then the synchronization feature will be gone. What to do?

Edit: running on XP Pro SP2
Last edited by rico on Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
rico

Postby rico » Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:57 pm

found a certain workaround by setting the same conditions again on the subcategories, however in case I decide dusk starts at 6 pm instead of 5 pm (like in summer) I have to edit the times of like 10 parent and subcategories ... :roll:
rico

Postby Marc G » Wed Apr 11, 2007 7:32 am

Unfortunately, that's a known bug and will certainly be solved in the next version. In fact, it's already solved in an internal alpha build.

You said: "I will try to kick all wallpapers into the parent category but then the synchronization feature will be gone." This is a possible workaround. You could put all wallpapers in the parent and manually configure folder links for the synchronization. For this, go to the properties of your parent category and click on "Manage folder links". A new window will appear where you can specify any number of folders that will be synchronized to your parent folder.
Marc Gregoire,
NuonSoft
[ Microsoft MVP VC++ since 2007 ]
Marc G
NuonSoft Staff

Postby rico » Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:24 am

still haveing difficulties, now it switches categories while the system is running but not on boot-up .... :(

any idea when the new (fixed) version is about to be released ??
rico

Postby Marc G » Sat Apr 14, 2007 10:23 am

rico wrote:any idea when the new (fixed) version is about to be released ??

Unfortunately not ... I'm working on it as much as I can.
Marc Gregoire,
NuonSoft
Marc G
NuonSoft Staff

Postby rico » Tue May 15, 2007 9:41 am

Any news on a new version with this bug fixed? It's really annoying ... :roll:
rico

Postby Marc G » Tue May 15, 2007 9:53 am

No, development is progressing very good and almost finished, then some more testing + updating help file.
Marc Gregoire,
NuonSoft
Marc G
NuonSoft Staff

Return to WPC - Bug Reports