Automatic Background Color Changer Based On Wallpaper

Post your suggestions, wanted features,... for Wallpaper Cycler here.

Moderators: Marc G, Johan G

Automatic Background Color Changer Based On Wallpaper

Postby NothingSoup » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:35 am

Hi,

Firstly, this is probably the best wallpaper proggie I've used and I've tried quite a few. Thank you for the hard work!

However Wallpaper Cycler does not have a feature to automatically choose a background color based on the wallpaper color composition itself. Currently there seems to be an option that chooses colors based on icon text. However, checking the option to use text color settings as true background color as well doesn't seem to do much--I get a standard black on all wallpapers. This is likely because my icon text color is white.

I've used a few other wallpaper handlers (most notably, "Wallpaper Master") that have this type of feature and I found it to be very nice and convenient. Hopefully you consider adding this to the next version--thanks!
NothingSoup

Re: Automatic Background Color Changer Based On Wallpaper

Postby Marc G » Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:33 am

Correct, Wallpaper Cycler currently does not support choosing a background color based on the wallpaper color composition.
It's on the todo list for a future version.
Marc Gregoire,
NuonSoft
[ Microsoft MVP VC++ since 2007 ]
Marc G
NuonSoft Staff

Re: Automatic Background Color Changer Based On Wallpaper

Postby Marscaleb » Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:48 pm

For my two cents, it shouldn't pick a color for the whole composition, but rather just the outside border. If the outer edges are all white, the BG should be white, not a composition on the colors within the image.

It would be really snazzy if it could paint a dynamic background according to the edges of the image, so if the top border is white and the bottom border is blue, it can be white at the top and blue at the bottom. Perhaps a gradient effect to various points along the edges...

Someday.
Marscaleb

Return to WPC - Wishlist