File Names?

Post your suggestions, wanted features,... for Wallpaper Cycler here.

Moderators: Marc G, Johan G

File Names?

Postby philman12 » Sun Aug 29, 2004 3:36 pm

First, although I'm real late in the game here, let me echo what a GREAT program this is. I just read about it, downloaded it, and love it!! :D

My one simple request is to have the filename listed below the image. Most of my images are of scenery or cityscapes that I would love to be lableled for identification.

Again, awesome job, I can hardly wait for 3.0
philman12

Postby Marc G » Sun Aug 29, 2004 6:06 pm

That will be possible in version 3.0 and i'm glad you like it.
Marc Gregoire,
NuonSoft
[ Microsoft MVP VC++ since 2007 ]
Marc G
NuonSoft Staff

Postby HiTowerUK » Sat Sep 24, 2005 4:37 pm

Hi
I too have just come across Wallpaper Cycler and I must add my congrats for such a work of art. Just installed it this pm so excuse me if these 2 points have already been raised and answered! This really is a great utility!! I have been using a freebee called AWC which is great too, but has some pluses and some minuses.

AWC can display the filename in either of the 4 corners with the text and it's background configurable. This is great for a quick prompt of what or where the photo relates to. I see that there was mention of this in this thread, but I have just installed and can't see how to do it (if it is possible). If not, can I suggest that this would make it for me. Don't want the filetype (the .jpg bit, or whatever), just the filename. If it cant be freely located, may I suggest the top right or botton right corner as most people seem to have their icons on the left.

Another suggestion, if you don't mind? I like the facility to have a "quote of the day" but instead of using a text file how about an on-line service. Quote World (http://www.quoteworld.org) have published a short html link to place on your own website. Is there any way that this could be used instead of (or within) the quote text file? That would be way cool!!

Thanks and best regards from the UK
Roger
HiTowerUK

Postby Marc G » Sun Sep 25, 2005 3:07 pm

HiTowerUK wrote:Hi
I too have just come across Wallpaper Cycler and I must add my congrats for such a work of art. Just installed it this pm so excuse me if these 2 points have already been raised and answered! This really is a great utility!! I have been using a freebee called AWC which is great too, but has some pluses and some minuses.

I'm glad you like it :D

HiTowerUK wrote:AWC can display the filename in either of the 4 corners with the text and it's background configurable. This is great for a quick prompt of what or where the photo relates to. I see that there was mention of this in this thread, but I have just installed and can't see how to do it (if it is possible). If not, can I suggest that this would make it for me. Don't want the filetype (the .jpg bit, or whatever), just the filename. If it cant be freely located, may I suggest the top right or botton right corner as most people seem to have their icons on the left.

This is possible with the full version of Wallpaper Cycler by using a layout. With a layout, you can freely place a text-object on your background which can show the current filename. Use the following steps to do this:
  • Create a new layout and open it in the layout editor.
  • Add a text object by clicking on Objects > Add Text Object.
  • Draw a rectangle on the canvas where you want your text object.
  • Select the text object and click on the "Edit" button in the properties bar on the right of the layout editor.
  • Enter the following text "%wallpapername%" without the quotes. This will be replaced with the name of the current wallpaper. NOTE: you can always click on the last button on the toolbar in the text editor window to display a list of all possible commands that you can insert in your text object.
  • Close the text editor, and close the layout editor.
Now, your layout with filename should be ready.
To make sure the new layout will be used, you need to check the layout cycling settings in File > Document Settings > Layout Cycling.

HiTowerUK wrote:Another suggestion, if you don't mind? I like the facility to have a "quote of the day" but instead of using a text file how about an on-line service. Quote World (http://www.quoteworld.org) have published a short html link to place on your own website. Is there any way that this could be used instead of (or within) the quote text file? That would be way cool!!

That's not possible at the moment, but I'll add it to the todo list for some future version.
Marc Gregoire,
NuonSoft
[ Microsoft MVP VC++ since 2007 ]
Marc G
NuonSoft Staff

Postby Guest » Sun Sep 25, 2005 4:39 pm

Thanks Marc. Shame about the HTML but many thanks for putting me right on setting up the Layout.

BR
Roger
:D

Return to WPC - Wishlist