New cycling option / behaviour change

Post your suggestions, wanted features,... for Wallpaper Cycler here.

Moderators: Marc G, Johan G

New cycling option / behaviour change

Postby Max » Mon Nov 19, 2007 4:11 pm

I have a simple wish: a new wallpaper every DAY. Every calendaristic day. Maybe I'm missing something, but I'm not able to get that.
- "Delay cycling" seems to count up-time, not real-time. If I set a delay of 24 hours, I'll wait three workdays until something changes.
- "Specific times cycling" seems to count only if the machine is running when the time comes. I can't guarantee it'll be running at midnignt, and I DON't want my wallpaper changed sometime in the middle of the day.
- "Cycle once and do not exit at windows logon" would almost work, but I cannot guarantee I won't be restarting ten times that day (hi there, M$).
If I'm missing something, please let me know. If I'm not, this could be achieved either by making "specific time" do a cycle if it was passed, at the next boot, by creating an option for "delay cycling" to count real-time instead of up-time, or by creating a "Cycle once a day and do not exit at windows logon" or similar. What do you think?
Max

Postby Marc G » Mon Nov 19, 2007 6:37 pm

You are correct. It's not possible currently.
Personally I think the "Cycle once a day and do not exit at windows logon" option would be the one that's less confusing and more clear to the user what it does. It's been added to the todo and might even still make it in the next release which is already far in the beta phase.
Marc Gregoire,
NuonSoft
[ Microsoft MVP VC++ since 2007 ]
Marc G
NuonSoft Staff

Postby Marc G » Mon Nov 19, 2007 7:49 pm

Hehe, it wasn't so difficult and I just finished it already for the next release :)
Marc Gregoire,
NuonSoft
[ Microsoft MVP VC++ since 2007 ]
Marc G
NuonSoft Staff

Postby Max » Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:47 pm

Great response, thanks! :D
Max

Return to WPC - Wishlist