Use text color for RSS feeds

Post your suggestions, wanted features,... for Wallpaper Cycler here.

Moderators: Marc G, Johan G

Use text color for RSS feeds

Postby deco » Sat Aug 20, 2005 7:05 pm

First off, I love the RSS feeds - this new feature is WAY cool!

One thing I'd really really like to see though is a way to set their text's color to the "Text Color" for the selected wallpaper. Otherwise, it defaults to white text, which is very hard to read on white backgrounds.

I've been working around this by creating layouts with different colors and then assigning them one by one to my 100+ images, but... kinda time consuming! :?

Thanks!
Abby
deco

Re: Use text color for RSS feeds

Postby Marc G » Sat Aug 20, 2005 7:31 pm

deco wrote:First off, I love the RSS feeds - this new feature is WAY cool!

I'm glad you like it :D

deco wrote:One thing I'd really really like to see though is a way to set their text's color to the "Text Color" for the selected wallpaper. Otherwise, it defaults to white text, which is very hard to read on white backgrounds.

I've been working around this by creating layouts with different colors and then assigning them one by one to my 100+ images, but... kinda time consuming! :?

Nice suggestion. I have added it to the todo list.

NOTE: Normally, the default font should be white with a black soft shadow behind it which should make it readable on almost all backgrounds. What I often do is: use a bold font, use a font size 14 or 16, use white letters and use a black soft shadow behind the letters. Often, I give the text-object a border of 1 or 2 pixels, with a "border spacing" of 8 or so, with a "corner rounding" of 16 and with an "effect" called "Tint". I suggest you give this a try, maybe you like it to ;)

NOTE 2: The soft shadows I am talking about only work on Windows XP or later.
Marc Gregoire,
NuonSoft
[ Microsoft MVP VC++ since 2007 ]
Marc G
NuonSoft Staff

Postby deco » Sun Aug 21, 2005 1:09 am

Oh, very cool! I see what you mean. I'm not a big fan of the shadow, but with the tint providing a constant background color, you don't need it to make the text readable.

Thanks!
Abby
deco

Return to WPC - Wishlist