Automatic Switch between Landscape and Portrait Pictures

Post your suggestions, wanted features,... for Wallpaper Cycler here.

Moderators: Marc G, Johan G

Postby loyukfai » Tue Apr 18, 2006 12:21 am

Thanks Marc, have a nice week!
loyukfai

Postby loyukfai » Mon Oct 30, 2006 8:16 am

Any news...?
loyukfai

Postby Marc G » Mon Oct 30, 2006 5:40 pm

No, not yet :(
Marc Gregoire,
NuonSoft
[ Microsoft MVP VC++ since 2007 ]
Marc G
NuonSoft Staff

Portrait, Landscape, and Square

Postby Socrates1 » Sat Apr 07, 2007 4:48 pm

I like this idea, Marc G's first suggestion: "An extra option for each wallpaper with which you can say that the wallpaper is either portrait or landscape." Can you add a third option when both the width and height are equal to make it state square?

I have my layouts grouped by landscape and portrait, square equaling both categories. With this option I can easily sort all my many images and accurately assign the correct layout category. I see the landscape and portrait has been in the queue a while and wanted to voice my support on this suggestion and add to it.

Thanks.
Socrates1

Postby Marc G » Sat Apr 07, 2007 5:24 pm

Thank you for the feedback.

In fact, I'm working on this portrait/landscape feature right now. I will add "Square" to the list.
Marc Gregoire,
NuonSoft
Marc G
NuonSoft Staff

Postby Marc G » Sat Apr 07, 2007 5:47 pm

I just think of something...

The next version will have support for user-defined tags. Tags can be assigned to wallpapers, wallpaper categories, layouts and layout categories. I think we can use this tag system for implementing the Portrait/Landscape/Square feature. Wallpaper Cycler could predefined 3 tags: Landscape, Portrait and Square. On importing wallpapers, Wallpaper Cycler will automatically enable the correct tag for each imported wallpaper. The new version will also contain Search Folders which you can use to search all wallpapers with a specific tag, so this could be used to quickly find all portrait, landscape or square wallpapers.

Only 1 extra thing needs to be implemented and that is a feature that Wallpaper Cycler uses the current screen resolution to decide whether to use only Portrait or only Landscape layouts/wallpapers.

What do you think about this?
Marc Gregoire,
NuonSoft
Marc G
NuonSoft Staff

Thoughts about things

Postby Socrates1 » Sun Apr 08, 2007 6:00 am

I think it is a great option for the Document or Program Settings, where the end user can base their orientation by the image or screen resolution. Should you want to give the end user the choice. As an end user with a widescreen, I wouldn’t want to be locked into only Landscape layouts/wallpapers since more images are portrait. Basing the orientation on the image provides more flexibility because the image is portrait, landscape, or square and the layouts take care of rest.
Socrates1

Postby Marc G » Mon Apr 09, 2007 2:30 pm

I'm implementing the Smart Orientation feature.
This feature will allow you to tell Wallpaper Cycler to only use wallpapers with certain tags when the primary monitor is in landscape or portrait mode.

The following is a screenshot from the configuration of the Smart Orientation feature:

Marc Gregoire,
NuonSoft
Marc G
NuonSoft Staff

Previous

Return to WPC - Wishlist