Mouse button rocker gestures

Post your suggestions, wanted features,... for ShellEnhancer here.

Moderators: Marc G, Johan G

Mouse button rocker gestures

Postby phatdaddy » Sun Aug 27, 2006 1:43 am

Hi,

First, let me caveat this request with the following statement: I've never used SE, but I'd be interested in it if it allowed the user to assign keyboard hotkeys to rocker gestures. Rocker gestures are discussed here. Essentially, it allows one to use different mouse button press sequences to cause an application to do something. I think Opera was the first browser to include this capability in it's web browser. I'm sure that other apps have followed suite (I know Avant Browser has). I'd love to assign "backwards" and "forwards" rocker gestures to a particular source code editor I use (Source Insight) and a few other programs.

In particular, I find rocker gestures much more handy than mouse gestures because there's no interpretation of how you draw using the mouse to fool--essentially, it's like having digital as opposed to analog: there are very discrete steps that can't be confused.
phatdaddy

Postby Marc G » Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:18 am

This might be a nice addition to some future version. I will add it to the todo list.
Marc Gregoire,
NuonSoft
[ Microsoft MVP VC++ since 2007 ]
Marc G
NuonSoft Staff

Postby DrWorm » Mon Jan 08, 2007 6:59 am

In the mean time, you might like to checkout AutoHotkey. Here's a resource to get you started - http://www.autohotkey.com/forum/topic4122.html
DrWorm

Return to SE - Wishlist