Blinking / flashing / moving lights

Post your suggestions, wanted features,... for Wallpaper Cycler here.

Moderators: Marc G, Johan G

Blinking / flashing / moving lights

Postby rico » Mon Apr 09, 2007 8:34 pm

Awesome program!! Finally I can have daytime and season related wallpapers displayed on my desktop!! Really one of a kind proggie.

Now it shows dawn scenes in the morning, dayscenes depending on season, dusk scenes in the late afternoon, evening scenes in the evening and night scenes at night :D

I think there is a tremendous potential with custom desktops that lies ahead and needs yet to be explored. What I'm talking about is animations like i.e. tiny blinking or moving lights.
Someone has made a widget with simple custom blinking dots that can be placed on the desktop. I don't use it anymore since it offers not enough flexibility. I wish someone could make a small proggie which moves small .gifs on the desktop on predefined paths or let's them blink/flash at predefined times. I mean the kind of stuff as seen on the flash version site of miamivice.com. What about small birds, little insects, blinking or moving lights, wouldn't that be awesome? Alive desktops ... :P
rico

Postby Marc G » Mon Apr 09, 2007 8:54 pm

I'm glad you like it :)

About your suggestion, "active objects" like animations and such is on the todo, but not for the next version since this will require quite a lot of work because the current framework does not handle this at all.
Marc Gregoire,
NuonSoft
[ Microsoft MVP VC++ since 2007 ]
Marc G
NuonSoft Staff

Postby rico » Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:23 pm

The basic idea was more like some extra app to start with the wallpaper like GT Ripple, not to include it into the cycler.
rico

Postby Marc G » Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:36 am

rico wrote:The basic idea was more like some extra app to start with the wallpaper like GT Ripple, not to include it into the cycler.

Ah, this should already be possible with Wallpaper Cycler 3.1. Select your wallpaper and then click on "Attach Application" in the wallpaper settings on the right of the main window. There you can specify a program to run when changing to this wallpaper or changing from this wallpaper.
Marc Gregoire,
NuonSoft
[ Microsoft MVP VC++ since 2007 ]
Marc G
NuonSoft Staff

Return to WPC - Wishlist