Calendar editor - word wrap toggle

Post your suggestions, wanted features,... for Wallpaper Cycler here.

Moderators: Marc G, Johan G

Calendar editor - word wrap toggle

Postby eascott » Fri Dec 21, 2007 6:36 pm

Or an option that allows the use of an external text editor to edit Calendar/Quote/Notes
eascott

Postby Marc G » Fri Dec 21, 2007 9:12 pm

I assume you are talking about the Calendar Notes Editor?
If so, that editor is currently word wrapping the text so I don't see the problem or do you want to be able to disable word wrapping? If so, why would you want that? Doesn't that makes it more difficult to edit notes?

Also, maybe I should put all Calendar/Quotes/Notes in their own separate file. That way you could use any editor you like. However, for example the calendar notes file needs to be structured obviously, so I'm not sure if a plain text file is the best solution. Maybe an XML file? However, would that make editing it externally more easy?
Marc Gregoire,
NuonSoft
[ Microsoft MVP VC++ since 2007 ]
Marc G
NuonSoft Staff

Postby eascott » Sun Dec 23, 2007 3:08 am

Ah so desu! Actually, what I want is an option to stop a note line from wrapping when it is displayed on the desktop. When I am editing it, as you point out, I do want it to wrap.

Yes, I can see where the XML formatted file would seriously compromise the external editor idea for most users. Oh well, so much for that idea.
eascott

Postby Marc G » Sun Dec 23, 2007 2:07 pm

So, when a note line doesn't fit in your calendar note object on your desktop and you don't want word-wrapping, it will be cut of. Is that what you want?
Marc Gregoire,
NuonSoft
Marc G
NuonSoft Staff

Postby eascott » Mon Dec 24, 2007 6:43 pm

Yup, that's the option alrighty. To keep the Calendar Notes column from taking up too much desktop real estate I keep it relatively narrow. And to keep the text visible, there is a minimum font size. Soooo... sometimes a todo line (one todo per line) can end up wrapping over three or four or five lines. If this happens on more than one or two lines (or a line is just way long), real estate is lost in the vertical dimension. This can make it hard to layout an optimal desktop. I would like to have the option to control the vertical behavior, i.e., turn off wrap-on-display.
eascott

Postby Marc G » Tue Dec 25, 2007 10:53 am

Ok, makes sense and it's now on the todo list :)
Marc Gregoire,
NuonSoft
Marc G
NuonSoft Staff

Return to WPC - Wishlist