Calendar Notes

Post your suggestions, wanted features,... for Wallpaper Cycler here.

Moderators: Marc G, Johan G

Calendar Notes

Postby stevelw » Sat Jan 21, 2006 2:13 pm

IT would be nice if, as well as specifying the size of the Calendar Notes 'box' on screen, you could also specify the number of days to be displayed. This would mean that, in a quiet week for instance, little screen space would be taken but with more appointments the 'box' would appear to grow to accomodate the larger number of entries. This way the application would use only as much screen space as needed.
stevelw

Postby Marc G » Sun Jan 22, 2006 9:34 am

Do you mean that if there are no notes, nothing should be displayed? So, only show the days with notes and hide the other days? I don't think that would be 'user-friendly' because then the user has no idea how many days there are between 2 days with notes without calculating the number days in between.
Marc Gregoire,
NuonSoft
[ Microsoft MVP VC++ since 2007 ]
Marc G
NuonSoft Staff

Postby stevelw » Sun Jan 22, 2006 1:21 pm

No that's not what I meant. IF you want to display, say, the next week you would select 7 days to display. On screen you would see all seven dates displayed. If there were no notes during this period you would just see the day headers as you do now, and the 'box' in which they are displayed would be fairly small on screen. If you were then to add 3 appointments to the second day and 2 to the third, the display box would appear to 'grow' down the screen to accomodate the display of the appointments for each date. All the day headings would remain visible as they do now.

In fact the only visible difference between the present system and the change I am suggesting is the apparent height of the Calendar Note display. I'm probably not describing what I mean very clearly. If it would help I'll create a dummy screen and post it to demonstrate the suggestion.
stevelw

Postby Marc G » Sun Jan 22, 2006 2:09 pm

Ah, now it is clear. :)

Basically I will add an extra option "Days after current day". That in combination with the already existing "Days before current day" settings will allow you to do what you want.
Marc Gregoire,
NuonSoft
[ Microsoft MVP VC++ since 2007 ]
Marc G
NuonSoft Staff

Return to WPC - Wishlist