Rollup-ed windows don't appear inactive

Here you can report bugs you may find in ShellEnhancer.

Moderators: Marc G, Johan G

Rollup-ed windows don't appear inactive

Postby DrWorm » Mon Jan 08, 2007 6:51 am

It's great to see a new version of Shell Enhancer out.

I've noticed a small bug with the "rollup" feature. I have SE configured so the windows un-roll when you hover you mouse over them, but when I do this the window appears active and doesn't go back to inactive when I move the mouse out of the windows are so it rolls back up. It doesn't effect how they behave, they just appear active when they're not.

I also wonder if it would be a good idea to change the Z-order of a window when it is unrolled so it won't be obscured and you don't need to change focus.
DrWorm

Re: Rollup-ed windows don't appear inactive

Postby Marc G » Mon Jan 08, 2007 9:47 am

DrWorm wrote:It's great to see a new version of Shell Enhancer out.

I've noticed a small bug with the "rollup" feature. I have SE configured so the windows un-roll when you hover you mouse over them, but when I do this the window appears active and doesn't go back to inactive when I move the mouse out of the windows are so it rolls back up. It doesn't effect how they behave, they just appear active when they're not.
That's a bug and I'm able to reproduce it.

DrWorm wrote:I also wonder if it would be a good idea to change the Z-order of a window when it is unrolled so it won't be obscured and you don't need to change focus.
Do you mean to put rolled-up windows "always on top" so they are always visible?
Marc Gregoire,
NuonSoft
[ Microsoft MVP VC++ since 2007 ]
Marc G
NuonSoft Staff

Re: Rollup-ed windows don't appear inactive

Postby DrWorm » Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:08 pm

Marc G wrote:Do you mean to put rolled-up windows "always on top" so they are always visible?

No, not "always" on top. Just so when you unroll it, it unrolls over any windows that might obscure it. So it's promoted as if it just recieved focus. Although this is one of those things that may not work well in practice.
DrWorm

Postby Marc G » Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:37 am

Ah, actually that makes sense. I'll make it an option so you can disable/enable it.
Marc Gregoire,
NuonSoft
[ Microsoft MVP VC++ since 2007 ]
Marc G
NuonSoft Staff

Return to SE - Bug Reports